” Smile Story ” takes your personal information seriously and complies with the Act on Promotion of Information Network Use and Protection.
- This policy will take effect from : [April 8, 2009].
Agreement to the collection of personal information
Personal Information Protection for Children
- Smile Story is subject to the consent of the legal representative when collecting personal information of children under the age of 14.
- A legal representative for children under the age of 14 may request access, correction or withdrawal of the child’s personal information, and upon such request, this Smile Story shall take necessary action without delay.
Items of personal information collected
Smart Story collects personal information such as :
- Collections: Name, date of birth, gender, login ID, password, home address, mobile phone number, email, job, resident registration number, access log, cookies, access IP information, payment history
- Personal information collection method: homepage (membership registration, bulletin board, etc.) and request delivery
The purpose of personal information collection and utilization
Smile Story utilizes the personal information collected for the following purposes:
ο Payment by Contract Implementation and Service Delivery
Content delivery, purchase and payment, delivery of goods or billing, etc.
ο Member Management
Identification of a member’s identity, personal identification, prevention of fraudulent and unauthorized use of a rogue member, confirmation of the intention to sign up, identification of the age, confirmation of the consent of the legal representative when collecting personal information of a child under the age of 14 and delivery of a complaint
ο Used for marketing and advertising
Statistics on the delivery of advertising information, such as events, frequency of access, or service use by members
However, sensitive personal information (racial and ethnic, thought and creed, place of origin and origin, political orientation and criminal records, health status and sexual life) that may be feared to violate the user’s basic human rights are not collected.
Personal Information Retention and Utilization Period
ο Your personal information will be destroyed when the purpose of personal information collection or the purpose provided has been achieved, such as follows:
– In the case of membership information, when a member leaves or is expelled from a member,
– In case of payment information, when the payment is completed or the expiration of the expiration date of the bond cancellation period
– In case of delivery information, when goods or services are delivered or provided (except when there is a need to be preserved in accordance with the provisions of the Act, such as commercial law).
ο We will obtain your consent if we need to keep it despite the above retention period.
Disposal procedure and method of personal information
In principle, Smile Story destroys the information after the purpose of personal information collection and utilization has been achieved. The demolition procedure and method are as follows.
ο revocation procedure
The information you enter for membership registration, etc., is transferred to a separate DB after the purpose has been achieved (a separate document box for paper) and destroyed for a certain period of time depending on internal policies and other reasons for information protection under relevant statutes (see retention and service period). Personal information transferred to a separate DB shall not be used for any other purpose than to be held by law.
ο Destruction method
– Personal information stored in an electronic file format is deleted using a technical method that prevents recording from being played back.
Personal information provision
Smile Story do not, in principle, provide the user’s personal information to the public. Exceptions shall be made in the following cases:
– If the user agrees in advance
– in accordance with the provisions of the Act or in accordance with the procedures and methods set forth in the Act for investigation purposes
Consignment of collected personal information
Smile Story allows you to outsource your personal information to improve your service.
ο In the event of a consignment of personal information, we will notify you in advance.
ο In the event of consignment for processing personal information, the details of the contract will be kept in writing or electronically, stipulating clearly the service provider’s order for personal information protection, confidentiality of personal information, prohibition of third party provision, and liability in case of accident.
– a consignee : [Name of the courier]
– Contents of consignment work : [Contents of consignment of courier] e.g. delivery of goods
– Subject to Consignment: [PG Company Name]
– Contents of consignment work : [PG Company consignment] e.g.) purchase and payment of charges
Rights of users and legal representatives and navigation of their events
The user can inquire or modify his or her personal information registered at any time and may request that he or she cancel his or her subscription.
To check or modify users’ personal information, they can register ‘personal information change’ (or ‘member information correction’) by clicking ‘Membership Withdrawal’ to check their identity, and then read, correct, or leave.
Or, contact the person in charge of personal information management by writing, calling or e-mail and we will take care of it without delay.
If you request correction of personal information errors, you will not use or provide the personal information until the correction is completed. In addition, if the wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, the correction result will be notified to the third party without delay for correction.
Smile Story processes personal information that has been revoked or deleted at the request of the user as specified in “The retention and use period of personal information collected by this Smile Story” and does not allow access or use for other purposes.
Technical Measures for the Protection of Personal Information
In handling your personal information, Smile Story seeks the following technical measures to ensure that your personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, tampered with or damaged:
ο Your personal information is password-protected, and sensitive data is protected by a separate security feature using file and transfer data encryption or file lock.
ο Smile Story uses a vaccine program to prevent damage caused by computer viruses. The vaccine program is updated periodically and if a sudden virus appears, it is provided as soon as the vaccine is released to prevent personal information from being compromised.
ο This Smile Story employs a secure device (SSL or SET) that enables secure transmission of personal information on the network using cryptographic algorithm.
ο To prevent your personal information from being leaked by hacking, we are using a device to prevent intrusion from outside of your home, and we have installed an intrusion detection system on each server for 24-hour monitoring.
Items on the installation and operation of automatic personal information collection devices and their refusal
Smile Story operates ‘cookies’ that frequently store and locate your information. Cookies are tiny text files that the server used to run o’s website sends to your browser and are stored on your computer’s hard disk.
▶ Purpose of use, etc.
– Providing targeted marketing and personalized service by analyzing the frequency of access between members and non-members, identifying users’ tastes and areas of interest, tracking them, and identifying the degree of participation in various events and return of visits.
You have the option to install cookies. Therefore, you may allow all cookies by setting options in your web browser, check each time the cookies are saved, or refuse to save them.
▶ To reject cookie settings
Example: To reject cookie settings, you can allow all cookies by selecting the options in your web browser, check each time you save the cookies, or refuse to save all cookies.
Example of how to set it up (for Internet Explorer)
: Tools at the top of a web browser > Internet Options > Privacy
However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
Civil Service on Personal Information
In order to protect the customer’s personal information and handle complaints regarding personal information, Smile Story designates the relevant department and person in charge of personal information management as follows.
Personal Information Management Executive Statement : Park Jun
Phone : + 82—2-1599-1045
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
You may report any complaints regarding personal information protection arising from the service of Smile Story to the Personal Information Management Officer or the responsible department. Smile Story will quickly give you a full response to your reports.
If you need to report or discuss other personal information breaches, please contact the organization below.
- Personal Conflicting Adjustment Committee (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
- Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533~4)
- The online crime investigation center of the Supreme Public Prosecutors ‘ Office (http://icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
- The Cyber Terror Response Center of the National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)